Hyaluronic acid, a beauty partner for ageing skin
Hyaluronic acid is an essential partner to reduce the signs of ageing, wrinkles and fine lines, including those caused by dehydration. In the form of cosmetic serum, this polymer is one of the best natural active ingredients to suit the needs of mature and dehydrated skins. It also offers one the best skin tolerances, regardless of your skin type!
Hyaluronic acid origin
The discovery of Hyaluronic Acid was made in 1934 by Karl Meyer and John Palmer and marks the beginning of a long history between this active ingredient and cosmetic brands.
Hyaluronic acid occurs naturally in our body, particularly in the skin. Its main role in the skin is to activate collagen synthesis, a protein that gives the skin its elasticity. It also has a moisturising and healing effect (particularly effective on burn wounds).
Thanks to its great compatibility with our epidermis, it is one of the most popular active ingredients in organic and natural cosmetics. At Etat Pur, our hyaluronic acid is produced using biotechnology which uses biological processes, including natural fermentation, to obtain ingredients. This means our Pure Active Hyaluronic Acid is vegan!
HYALURONIC acid, a solution for ageing skin
From 1990, its use started emerging in medicine and cosmetic surgery, by injecting hyaluronic acid to offer a solution to ageing skin. The cosmetic industry started noticing the success it gained in the field, and began to include it in the composition of cream and serum formulas.
What are the benefits of hyaluronic acid?
- Smoother skin: Hyaluronic acid acts on the coarseness of the skin by hydrating its surface
- Rejuvenated skin: This active ingredient stimulates the production of collagen and promotes cell renewal
- Firm, plump and hydrated skin: Hyaluronic acid improves the biomechanical properties of the epidermis and its ability to retain water, resulting in more plump skin
How to care for your face with hyaluronic acid?
Perfectly absorbed by the skin, hyaluronic acid works at different levels depending on its molecular weight:
- A high molecular weight hyaluronic acid remains at the surface of the skin, forming a protective film that retains hydration and provides a smoothing effect
- For a deeper effect, it is best to choose an acid of low molecular weight. It will penetrate the layers of the skin more easily and facilitate both rehydration and regeneration.
Etat Pur’s Pure Active Hyaluronic Acid contains a combination of low molecular weight and high molecular weight hyaluronic acid. This formulation allows the skin to be treated in-depth and at the surface of the skin simultaneously, to meet the needs of both mature and dehydrated skins. Its recommended use is morning and night, on clean skin, to either focused areas or the whole face, before applying moisturiser. Due to the high molecular weight hyaluronic acid within the formula, it is recommended to use this as your second Pure Active when using more than 1 Pure Active product in your routine (max 2 Pure Actives recommended). This will ensure optimal penetration of both Pure Actives.